Alexander Hall is located on the Princeton Campus behind Nassau Presbyterian Church at 61 Nassau Street. Please note that a GPS system will not find the venue. The hall seats roughly 900 and has excellent acoustics, as well as sight lines from almost every seat. An overview of the history and architecture of the hall can be found here.
And a 360-degree panorama of the hall can be found here. Richardson Auditorium in accessible to patrons with disabilities. Space for wheelchair seating is available upon request. Please call the Concert Office for more information at 609-258-2800.
All concerts take place in Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall, unless otherwise noted.
The chapel is located on the Princeton’s main campus next to Firestone Library and Washington Road. The Princeton University Chapel is the religious and ceremonial center for the University. Completed in 1928, it is the third largest university chapel in the world. The chapel is occasionally a venue for Princeton University Concerts, when the music we present is uplifted and exalted by the grandeur and acoustic of the space. Most recently, we presented the superb Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir in the Chapel during the 2016-2017 season.
Taplin is located on campus on the corner of Washington Road and Ivy Lane, situated next to the Lewis Library. The concert hall is on the second floor of Fine Hall. The hall seats 200 and is used primarily as a musical laboratory and performance space for the Department of Music.
Procter Hall is located in Princeton's Graduate College Probably the most admired part of Ralph Adams Cram's design for the Graduate College is Procter Hall, a grand dining hall clearly reminiscent of a medieval refectory. Upon entry into the hall, the awe-inspiring Seven Liberal Arts Window designed by William and Annie Lee Willet of Philadelphia takes center stage. Though not a traditional concert venue, the medieval design and the superb acoutsitcs will make it an ideal concert space.
The new multi-building arts complex along Alexander Street and University Place on the south edge of campus, adjacent to McCarter Theater, opened Fall 2017. The Center houses the Lewis Center for the Arts’ Programs in Dance, Music Theater, and Theater and the Princeton Atelier, and the Department of Music’s expansion of its instructional and research facilities in the New Music Building to supplement the Woolworth Center of Musical Studies. The complex houses the Wallace Dance Building and Theater, including the Hearst Dance Theater; the Arts Tower, which includes the Hurley Gallery, administrative offices and additional studios; and the New Music Building, including the Lee Performance & Rehearsal Room. The three buildings are connected at ground level by a Forum.
Opened in 1932, The War Memorial was built as "a great community center" dedicated to the memory of the soldiers and sailors from Mercer County who died fighting World War I. Restored by the State of New Jersey in the 1990s, the War Memorial was rededicated in 1999 and renamed the 1,807-seat theater as the Patriots Theater in 2001. For directions and parking information click here.
Stay in touch with monthly concert announcements